SEZ “Ulyanovsk” is the only special economic zone of the port type in Russia bordering the territory of an International Airport (Ulyanovsk-Vostochny).
The total SEZ land area is 433 ha.
Port-type special economic zone is the most functional type of SEZ – suitable both for the localization of production projects and for conducting wholesale trade.
The SEZ «Ulyanovsk» management company offers ready industrial premises of Brownfield type and warehouse facilities for rent.
There are all types of transport infrastructure, which provides the opportunity to re-export goods. The SEZ «Ulyanovsk» borders the territory of the aviation checkpoint – Ulyanovsk-Vostochny International Airport. The distance to the nearest river cargo port is 17 km.
More than 42 companies, including foreign investors from South Korea, Germany, China, Sweden, India, Netherlands and Turkey have already become the SEZ «Ulyanovsk» residents. The main activities of the resident companies are manufacturing, wholesale trade, maintenance and repair of aircrafts.
The SEZ «Ulyanovsk» offers one of the best conditions among the Russian SEZs for investment projects. For instance, 2 % profit tax for the first 10 years, later – 15,5 % for the whole period of the project’s implementation.
Investment attractiveness of the SEZ «Ulyanovsk» is determined by the following factors:
• the SEZ is financed from both the federal and regional budgets;
• ready-made engineering and transport infrastructure with the connection of communications free of charge for residents;
• separate customs office: import of foreign goods and machinery without payment of customs duties and VAT with an unlimited storage period;
• tax privileges and preferential land purchase conditions;
• skilled workforce available for your business;
• all types of transport are available;
• ready-made production facilities for quick business start-up: an industrial park with an area 30 thousand sq. m., another 6.5 thousand sq. m. are under construction, and additional 33 thousand sq. m. are planned. Ready-made production buildings enable enterprises to enter the market more quickly, and also to reduce the cost of their products at the entry stage.
SEZ “Ulyanovsk” is actively developing the composite cluster. The site of SEZ “Ulyanovsk” became part of the Interregional Industrial Cluster “Composites without borders”. Already now there are enterprises from this are among the SEZ residents, for example, the company Galen – a leading domestic manufacturer of modern composite materials, Holzhof Rus produces molded products from wood-polymer composite, Volga-PKM – manufacturer of aircraft components made of polymer composite materials, carbon fiber manufacturer DowAksa will produce laminates for carbon fiber spar caps.
Plans for the SEZ "Ulyanovsk" development include construction of housing for employees of resident companies. The successful location on picturesque coast of the Volga river, near to the SEZ, and social world-class infrastructure will provide the most comfortable conditions for doing business., TEXT